Spring 2023 graduates
Apply for Graduation:
- Undergraduate students: All currently enrolled undergraduate students intending to graduate in spring OR summer should apply for graduation before Friday, February 10 to be included in the registration for spring commencement. The application must be submitted, and the graduation fee paid, to be considered a degree candidate as well as participate in the commencement ceremony. Payment of the $35 graduation fee for undergraduates is required at the time of application. Information about the application for graduation process is available through the Office of the University Registrar.
- Master's and Doctoral Students: Visit the Graduate School for specific deadlines and additional information regarding the application for graduation process.
Friday, May 12 at CEFCU Arena
- 4 p.m.: Mennonite College of Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences Social Sciences including students in the majors of Communication Sciences and Disorders, Economics, Politics and Government, Psychology, Social Work, and Sociology and Anthropology
- 8 p.m.: College of Arts and Sciences Natural Sciences/Mathematics and Humanities including students in the majors of Biological Sciences; Communication; Chemistry; English; Geography, Geology, and the Environment; History; Languages, Literatures, and Cultures; Mathematics; Philosophy; and Physics
Saturday, May 13 at CEFCU Arena
- 9 a.m.: College of Education, Wonsook Kim College of Fine Arts, Interdisciplinary Studies, and University Studies
- 1:30 p.m.: College of Applied Science and Technology
- 6 p.m.: College of Business
Each in-person commencement ceremony will last approximately 2 1/2 hours. The ceremony includes the graduate processional, degree conferral, a symbolic tassel move for undergraduate students, and remarks by University officials. Graduates will cross the commencement stage, have their name read, and receive a diploma cover from their college representative. Graduates should wear regalia (cap and gown).
There are no tickets for the commencement ceremony, and there is no limit to the number of guests that may attend. Seating is first-come, first served and doors will open one hour prior to the start of the ceremony.
Registration to participate in spring commencement begins in late February. All students who have applied for graduation by the published deadline will receive an email with additional registration information. There is no fee to participate in the commencement ceremony.
Cap and Gown
Purchase cap and gown for spring commencement. Online cap and gown ordering through Jostens will be available until April 6. Order prior to that date to ensure you receive your realia in time and avoid express shipping charges. Please allow approximately five weeks for shipping.
Contact Commencement@IllinoisState.edu or (309) 438-2836